Thursday, February 23, 2006

Crock-pot fever!.... (na na na na)

Motivation:

Song on the mp3 player today:


Mark Schultz \ You Are A Child Of Mine
I’ve been hearing voices Telling me that I could Never be what I wanna be.
They’re binding me with lies, Haunting me at night, And saying there’s nothing to believe.
Somewhere in the quietness, When I’m overcome with loneliness, I hear You call my name.
And like a father You are near And as I listen I can hear You say
You are a child of Mine, Born of My own design
And you bear the heart of life.
No matter where you go, Oh, you will always know
You have been made free in Christ. You are a child of Mine
Diary:

D: salami slices, ramen soup, fresh asparagus
-------------------
B: eggs and turkey bacon
S: protien bar
L: homeade chicken, tomato and peas (crock-pot), xs, vitamins, mixed greens salad
S: tuna, mayo, small orange
G: ellipticle 1.61 miles, 301+ calories, walk 1 mile, sauna. (the machine stopped at 17minutes, so I was confused. I chose the wrong machine. )

(tonight I will make a dinner at home and watch Sasha Cohen. I think i am in love...., but she is like 95lbs, so tiny. oh well.)

Notes:

On Saturday I made a crockpot meal from the manual that I got with the crock-pot. It was chicken, crushed tomato, peas, garlic, and assorted spices and flavors. This was my way of having an option instead of the lean cuisine meals I had been eating. I don't like the flavor of the lean cuisine, and there are so many ingredients in a 9oz serving, that it doesn't really make sense.
So with a $5 family pack of cut up chicken at the meat dept, and a couple cans of tomatoes, and some other items (frozen peas, chopped garlic & onion, salt and pepper), I put all of this in the crock-pot and let it do the work all day saturday. I then divided the contents into little tupperware containers and immediately put them in the freezer. Today was my first try of my homeade lunch, and I have the following comments:

Pros:
1) the chicken tastes like chicken, and the tomato taste like tomato, and the peas taste like peas (and the snozberries taste like snozberries...) . The lean cuisine meat didn't have a flavor, becuase it was drowning in some kind of sauce.
2) I know the ingredients and there are no weird stuff in them.
3) It is the right size. It is just enough to fill me up and not too much that I feel overdone.

Cons:
1) I don't think I have enough spice or flavor in the dish. I don't have a place to put a container of Tony Chachere's in my desk drawer, but that might be a good idea.
2) The bones in the chicken I didn't take out before I froze the meals, so I have to pick around them. I think next time I will go with boneless chicken breast. It may cost a little more, but it might be worth it.

With those changes, I think this is going to work. I also made an easy chili with some ground beef that I had in the freezer from some time ago, also some canned beans and red and green bell peppers and onions. I also made individual meals from this recipie.

Readers: If you have any good, healthy, easy crockpot recipies, please post them to the blog!


On another topic, I have been thinking lately about all of the blessings and opportunities I have been given. I have been discussing the subject of giving blessings and doing good things and receiving back blessing in multiples. I am so blessed with a good job (and the ability to do a good job), friendly and respectful co-workers (the client I am working at really believes in respecting people, even contractors, and wants me to have the courage to speak up if I have a solution to a problem, or find a problem that doesn't have a solution.

I am able to leave work to go to the gym everyday, and the gym in right across the street. I am blessed that I am able to find the types of equipment and workout that is working for me.

I am blessed that I have so many cheerleaders at work, at church, family, friends, previous co-workers, and other people who I meet, like dental hygentist, bartender, butcher, etc, who in little ways are motivating me and encouraging me.

My car is working, my home is adequate, I have access to good nutritious foods, my parents taught me well to know how to do and make things that are good for me.

I am not good with math, but I understand computers and can have spreadsheets and formulas that do the math for me.

I have a number of things that all are on my favor for getting this 2006 Challenge up, HOWEVER, there is a big deal of non-tangibles that are somewhat out of control.

1) Faith - that this challenge will be fruitful and that everyday I will find new ways to re-discover myself and my place, it would be not as meaningful without the faith that I have in myself and that God would bless this effort.
2) Hope - that my body will not break, that my mind will stay focused, that my environment will stay stable, without complications to my car, job, home, etc.
3) Trust - since I can't control the intangibles or my body, trust that my body will do what it needs to as long as I am pressing forward with my habits. there is really no gaurantee that even if I do everything right and good, that my body will respond. I am simply not in control of undoing the garbage that I put my body through over the years.

Questions from Readers

1) Memphis asks: You mention ball games as a difficult place. Please tell me what, if anything, I can do to help at the ball games we go to together.

Chazz responds: Thanks for being a supporter. I don't really know that there is anything you can do that would have made me more comfortable. You were always very kind to me. Some of my problems dealt with the inability to sit in the lower sections (especially on the 3rd base-line) and watch the game without having problems. You and I always sat in the upper deck, and that was just fine. Stay tuned, after April 11, I will put in a 'Bad Story', and hopefully, after home opener a 'Good Story'! That may give some insight to my difficult times at baseball games.

2) Memphis asks: What does this mean? "Replace grandmother HERMLE MOVEMENTS"

Chazz responds: I bought a cute grandmother clock at a garage sale last year, but found out that the previous owner wound it too tight, and it is broken. I don't have a picture of the clock, or I would post it here. You will have to come to my home to see it. Following are details about the movement that needs to be fixed or replaced:

HERMLE MOVEMENTS - 140-010
hand shaft 33.2mm
Balance escapement
3 hammer below / bim bam
plate size = 85 x 98mm
http://www.clockworks.com/hermle/140.html

I hope this explanation answers your questions. thanks for reading, Memphis!



Readers: please continue to post your comments, suggestions, questions, or story requests and I will get to them over time. I enjoy getting your encouraging emails, and it seems I have a lot more readers than I thought. That is good. Just understand that if I am having a bad day, my written words may be somewhat self-depricating and hurtful. That doesn't necessarily mean I am down on myself, but am just using my words to get back myself back on track.

tommorow: the perfect male specimen.

more later...

Chazz

No comments:

My Friend's Blogs