
Motivation:
What a piece of work is man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals!
--Shakespeare, Hamlet, Act II, Scene II
Man is but a bubble, or bladder of the water.
--Desiderius Erasmus, Adagia (1508)
D: hamburger patty, brocoli
-------
B: eggs and turkey bacon
S: protien bar
L: chicken, tomato, mixed salad
S: chicken cubes, mayo, apple
G: elipticle 1.7 miles, 350+ calories, walk 1 mile
Notes:
Attached is a picture of the program from Ash Wednesday service. It is a great picutre, and speaks about Jeremiah 18, at the Potter's House
1 This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD : 2 "Go down to the potter's house, and there I will give you my message." 3 So I went down to the potter's house, and I saw him working at the wheel. 4 But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.
While having the ashes put upon my forehead, the pastor said "From dust you were formed, and to dust you will return. Until then, turn to the Lord and live your life in fullness with joy." Wow, that was powerful.
As I have stated, part of this journey is a spiritual, faith-filled walk. In my effort to change my body, I feel like there are many flaws and blemishes in my earthly pot, and to reflect on my mortality has been a good reminder that this is a good thing for me to do, and perhaps THE right and only thing for me to do right now. Ash Wednesday is a time for reflection on our lives and coming face to face with our failures, but also and anticipation of the coming Easter season, where we, like a butterfly, are transformed by God's grace.
I don't want to get too preachy, as this may be uncomfortable for some readers, but as long as this is a diary of things that are happening, this was a big thing for me last night.
When I walked in to church I was BOMBARDED by others. I was immediately asked if I could lead the hymns, as there was no musicians assigned to lead the worship. I took two steps, and then I was asked if I would read the scripture before the sermon.
today I feel overwhelmed at work. I had a meeting this morning that was a complete bust, becuase I couldn't get the technology for web-demos to work. I have so much work that I could work for a month in a row without breaks, and I have been in meetings booked all day for the last 3 days. It is very frustrating and tiring. I need some quality time on my couch.... maybe Saturday afternoon..
tommorow I will talk about my friend Darren and Six Flags over Texas - and how that hit me this morning on my drive to work.
Chazz
No comments:
Post a Comment